Michigan Pheasants Forever - Youth Page
Michigan's Next Pheasant Hunters
Welcome to the next generation in conservation and pheasant hunting enthusiasts. In efforts to help our younger generation play a larger role in our efforts to conserve and provide habitat for upland game, our chapter provides today's youth with opportunities to learn about what Pheasants Forever is truly about. Michigan provides conservation educational materials, safety of firearms and mentor youth hunts for those kids who may not have the same opportunities as most. Take a moment and read about our youth events or find out how you can become a key component of helping future Pheasants Forever Members.
To schedule one of the trailers, please contact Bill Fischer, Michigan Outreach Coordinator, at (989) 395-5945 or email@example.com.
Chapter rental cost for each trailer is $50.00 an event. Rental fees are used for trailer maintenance and supplies.
The shooting trailer is 8ft wide by 24ft long. A shooting range is built inside to accommodate three shooters at a time. Daisy BB guns are used to introduce youth and adults to shooting. This unit is very easy to set up when you pull into your event and works as a billboard to advertise Pheasants Forever.
Pheasants Forever's concerted effort to actively recruit conservation leaders for the future is part of the organization's No Child Left Indoors Initiative. As part of this effort, our organization is dedicated to working with members, chapters, and conservation partners to provide opportunities for youth and their families to share our outdoor traditions through the following programs:
- Forever Shooting Sports - Expanding one of the fastest growing sports in the nation
- Youth Habitat Projects - Developing respect and appreciation for the natural world through hands-on learning
- Leadership Development - Promoting youth outdoor education through a series of trainings, seminars, and volunteer groups
- Get kids outdoors learning firsthand about our natural resources
- Introduce young people to hunting and conservation
- Develop conservation-minded citizens and leaders
- Foster a love for shooting sports and safe handling of firearms
- Train chapter leaders to organize and deliver youth programs
- Partner with others to enjoy the outdoors
- More than 700 grassroots chapters
- 140,000 members
- Over 300,000 youth mentored
- 1,000 annual youth events reaching more than 50,000 kids each year
- Quarterly youth magazine
- National Youth Leadership Council and local student chapters
Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s “Forever Shooting Sports” program is the organization’s comprehensive shooting sports program. With the support of Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever chapters, as well as partners, namely MidwayUSA, the Forever Shooting Sports program is a gateway for youngsters into the world of shooting and upland hunting…and a gateway into the world of upland conservation.
State fish and wildlife agencies across the nation have reported significant declines in the number of youth hunters. This negative trend is a real concern for the state's natural resources managers. Fish and wildlife management and research programs, in addition to law enforcement activities, are largely funded through hunting and fishing license sales. Therefore, declines in the number of hunters and anglers could result in reductions in fish and wildlife-based programs and services.
Become involved with our chapter. Contact any of our chapter officers or check out our events and get started.